Here are a few things you need to remember going into your 26th year:
1. No one can save you but yourself: This is a powerful truth that will help you become the person you were meant to be! No one can save you: not your parents, your partner, or your friends… Just you!
2. Self-care gets tougher to practice as you get older and busier: As you get older, practicing self-care indeed becomes much more difficult. This has to be changed as you cannot help others if you don’t help yourself first.
3. Never underestimate the power of a tight hug from someone who loves you: Don’t be afraid to hug back too!
4. You’re doing better than you think you are: You have to stop being so hard on yourself. You are doing your best and things will eventually work out!
5. Gossip is cheap conversation: You will never feel good after having a cheap conversation like gossip. Swap small talks for meaningful conversations and talking about ideas, books, and so on.
6. It’s okay to still need your parents sometimes: They love you. You love them. Needing them sometimes is completely normal.
7. It’s okay to be alone sometimes: You don’t have to be surrounded by people all the time.
8. A broken heart isn’t the worst thing in the world: You will survive this, as you always do!
9. Love what you love and don’t feel bad about it: Unless it is hurting someone else or yourself.
10. You know more than you think you do: Trust your intuition! Make your own decisions! Share your experiences!
11. But you also know less than you think you do: It is okay to ask for help or piece of advice… Be the one who listens more sometimes.
12. It’s okay to mess up: No one is perfect! Everyone messes up, so don’t worry about it.
13. Slow down: Rushing will never get you to the right place.
14. Sleep is one of the most important things you can prioritize: Don’t underestimate a good night`s sleep! Aim at getting at least 8 hours of rest.
15. Don’t go to Target while you’re sad: Don’t spend money on things you don’t need.
16. Taking a quick walk outdoors is always going to be a great way to refresh: There is nothing better than fresh air.
17. It’s okay to stay in if you don’t want to go out: Staying in on a Saturday night doesn’t mean that you’re wasting “the best years of your life”
18. Fake it till you make it is actually good advice: Even if you don’t that it isn’t a good advice, act like it is.
19. It’s okay to keep certain things to yourself: Not everything has to be shared with your friends or family.
20. Cold brew will always make you tweak out: Stop drinking it!
21. Growth isn’t comfortable: It isn’t, but it will make you wiser and stronger.
22. Angry texting will never, ever get you or the relationship anywhere: Having a conversation in person is preferred.
23. You’re more resilient than you realize: Even if it doesn’t always look that way.
24. If someone wants to leave your life, kindly hold the door open for them: Not everyone is meant to stay.
25. Water while drinking actually will help with your hangover the next day: Yes, don’t forget about water.
26. It’s okay to log off: Stop checking your email every five minutes!