Everyone can feel hopeless and desperate at certain point in their lives, but luckily we are able to realize that only by wanting to be positive we can experience positivity and productivity. To gain deeper understanding about similar revelations about existence, read on!
1. We’re all constantly dying
Just think about it! Even the thought about this truth will motivate you to strive to get the most of life.
2. Everyone you know will eventually be dead
Grieving is a normal thing, but think about this fact when you happen to be grieving too much.
3. You can’t buy meaningful, lasting happiness
You do need money to get through life, but lasting happiness cannot be bought!
4. You can’t force happiness
You cannot force happiness, but what you can do is act in ways that make this pursue more efficient.
5. Experiences are worth more than materials
Memories are more meaningful than any material in this world!
6. It’s impossible to please everyone
Don’t even try it!
7. You must “accept” in order to “release”
Accepting the things as they are is critical when it comes to moving forward.
8. Legacies are overrated
You certainly cannot monitor them once you have passed away.
9. Responsibility is underrated
It definitely is.
10. It’s impossible to be 100% perfect
Just like with pleasing anyone, don’t even try it.
11. Have genuine faith in something
“Whether patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.”—Mahatma Gandhi
12. Think big (at least sometimes)
“There is no passion to be found playing small—in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”—Nelson Mandela
13. It’s natural to remember those who have already passed
“The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.”—Marcus Tullius Cicero
14. Own your own health.
“God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.”—Voltaire
15. Factor-in your heart before making a final decision with your brain.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most well-known, possess the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”—Steve Jobs
16. Wasting time and skill is tragic
There is enough pain and tragedy in the world already.
17. Focus on the present more than the past or the future
While reminding yourself of the past and planning the future is a good thing, there is no need to bother with it that much. Focus on the present instead.
18. Don’t expect—or desire—sympathy
It is very likely that the people around you are feeling even worse than you are.
19. Never stop learning—and teaching
Expanding yourself is the best thing you can do yourself. Never stop learning!
20. Bet on yourself
Nothing is certain in life, so taking risks is inevitable.
21. Reflect before reacting
Kneejerk-reactions always end up bad.
22. Take action
Once you determine your goals, work on them!
23. Time is costly—and valuable
Value the time others are willing to dedicate to you but value your own time at the same time.
24. Be forgiving
While certain things are unforgiveable, most of them aren’t.
The local community and the world in general need members to volunteer.
26. Know who you are
Know who you really are and who you want to become.
27. Know who you want to be
Work on improving yourself until you eventually become the person you want to be.